ABS 415 ENTIRE CLASS
TO purchase this tutorial visit following link:
Contact us at:
ABS 415 Week 1 DQ 1
Discovering Strengths in Leadership
In a 250-300 word post, evaluate why it is important for leaders to know their strengths. Do you think leaders should spend equal time learning about their weak points? Respond to two classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 1 DQ 2
After watching the Ethical Leadership: Why Should We Care About Value Leadership video, assess why positive attitudes are essential for leaders. In addition, share how the filters of the value system impact the attitude of an ethical leader. Lastly, why is leadership more concerned with people than management. Respond to two classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 2 DQ 1
Developing Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
Do you think it is appropriate for a leader to spend time developing a team’s emotional intelligence (EI)? Why or why not? What would be the advantages/disadvantages? Discuss specific circumstances/influences/parameters that may impact a leader’s decision to spend time fostering the development of EI. Your initial post must contain a minimum of 250-300 words. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 2 DQ 2
Elements of Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
Evaluate which of the four elements of emotional intelligence (EI) you consider most essential to an effective leader? Why? Provide examples from real life in your discussion. Include a minimum of one APA citation from a scholarly resource. Your initial post must contain a minimum of 250-300 words. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 2 Assignment Case Analysis Sycamore Pharmaceuticals
Case Analysis: Sycamore Pharmaceuticals
Read the case analysis: Sycamore Pharmaceuticals on page 189-190. Write a two- to three- page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that addresses the following questions.
- What would you advise John Blake to do? Why? What are reasons both for and against being honest with the FDA?
- Do you believe it would take courage for Blake to honestly reveal the timing and content of the scientific studies? What sources of courage might he call upon to help him make his decision?
- Discuss possible reasons why Dominguez and Blake went along with the deception in the first place. Would you have participated in suppressing the negative studies? Explain why or why not.
Your paper must include a minimum of three current scholarly references in addition to your textbook, in APA format
ABS 415 Week 3 DQ 1
Given today’s economic environment, some companies are secretly freezing pay raises or even cutting pay for some employees so they can offer substantial raises to people considered star performers.
- As a motivational technique, does this practice seem like a good one to you?
- Discuss pros/cons of this practice from various stakeholder perspectives e.g. employees, co-workers, management, tenure vs. non-tenure employees, etc.
Your initial post must contain a minimum of 250-300 words. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 3 DQ 2
Leadership in a Crisis
Listen to the Leadership in a (permanent) Crisis podcast by Harvard Business Idea Case. Think about a recent crisis. Here are some examples:
- BP oil spill in the gulf
- Toyota’s quality and safety concerns
- The decline and fall of large financial institutions
- The H1N1 (swine flu) scare
- The 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood Army base.
Discuss how you think leaders handled the crisis in terms of communication. What techniques were effective and why? What techniques did not work well? Why? Your initial post must contain a minimum of 250-300 words. Respond to two of your classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 3 Assignment Employee Motivation
Write a three- to four- page paper (excluding title and reference pages) in which you debate the pros and cons of monetary incentive plans from an employee motivation perspective. Research and summarize two companies that have implemented successful motivation plans that did not involve monetary reward/compensation. Discuss why these practices were successful based on needs-based motivational theory. Include two to three APA citations from current scholarly sources.
ABS 415 Week 4 DQ 1
Leadership Role in Diversity
Evaluate how a leader’s role and responsibilities might change as a company becomes more diverse. Is it important for today’s leaders to develop cultural intelligence? Do you think a leader that has never had experience with people different from him or herself can develop the ability to smoothly adapt to culturally different ways of thinking and behaving? Support your response. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 4 DQ 2
Transformational Leadership/Transactional Leadership
Evaluate what you consider the most important difference between transformational leadership and transactional leadership and between transformational and charismatic leadership? How is transformational leadership similar to charismatic leadership? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings
ABS 415 Week 5 DQ 1
Vision and Mission Statements
Contrast what the difference is between a mission and vision statement? In terms of strategic vision and strategic action, they are both needed for effective leadership; which do you think you are better at doing and why? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 5 DQ 2
Recognizing Culture Gaps
As a leader, how might you recognize a culture gap? What are some techniques leaders might use to influence and change cultural values when necessary? In a 250-300 word post support your discussion with a minimum of one APA citation from an academic resource. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
ABS 415 Week 5 Assignment Final Paper
The final assignment for this course is a Final Paper. The purpose of the Final Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course. The Final Project represents 25% of the overall course grade.
Focus of the Final Paper
Create and eight- to ten- page (excluding title and reference pages) personal leadership development plan. Utilizing at least five current scholarly sources, in addition to your course text, address the following components:
1. Select five to seven leadership concepts that were presented in class (listed below) to describe and evaluate for this assignment.
2. Discuss the different ethical aspects of each of the five to seven concepts you selected as they relate to your individual leadership style.
ABS415: Leadership and Ethics in a Changing World
3. Describe how you currently, or plan to, incorporate these elements into your leadership style/development.
Select five to seven of the following concepts for your Final Paper:
- Personal mission statement
- Personal vision Statement
- Leadership qualities
- Leadership traits
- Behavior approaches
- Leadership Style (select one of the following)
o Situational Leadership
o Servant Leadership
o Transformational Leadership
o Transactional Leadership
o Charismatic Leadership
o Coalitional Leadership
- Personal Mastery
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team development
- Conflict management
- Leading change
- Leadership and diversity
- Strategic leadership
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight- to ten- double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five current scholarly sources, in addition to the course text.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.